Rice - 1 cup
Moong Dhal - 1 tsp
Jaggery - 1 cup
Water - 3 cup
Coconut - 4 tbsp finely chopped
Coconut - 2 tbsp finely sliced
Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
Cashew nuts - broken 10 nos
The proportion is for 1 cup rice - 1 cup jaggery and 1 cup rice - 3 cup water.
1. Take a pan, add the rice and moong dhal and fry them for 2 minutes.
2. Then grind them together well like "Rava" consistency.
3. Take the pan, add the jaggery and pour water. When it starts boiling well, add 4 tbsp of coconut, 1/4 tsp of cardamom powder.
4. When it comes to full boil, add the grounded rice rava and stir them well and close the lid.
5. Then pressure cook it with low flame and cook for 5 minutes. ( Just leave it closed till one whistle)
6. Then open the lid and stir well.
7. Take a pan, add some ghee and saute the cashew nuts and sliced coconut pieces till the cashew nuts turns golden brown color.
8. After it is cooked well, season it with cashew nuts and coconut pieces.
Yummy and delicious festive food cooked on thiruvadirai.... This goes well with Puli Kootu.