Besan Flour (Kadala maavu)- 3/4 cup
Pottukadalai / Roasted Gram powdered - 1/4 cup (Just powder it , no need to roast)
Ghee - 1 tbsp
Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
Black pepper - 1 tsp coarsely powdered
Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - for deep frying
1. In a mixing bowl add besan flour, roasted gram powder, chilli powder, ghee, powdered pepper, garlic paste(finely ground) and salt.
2. Mix them well till you form a crumbling mixture. Then add water little by little to form a dough.
3. The dough will be sticky but still do not make it hard. Because it will make pressing very difficult.
4. Fill the murukku press with the dough and press it in hot oil.
5. Do not overload. Just make small circles.
6. Fry in medium flame till golden brown , turn over to cook on both sides evenly.
7. Once they are done take and keep aside in tissue paper to remove the extra oil.
8. Cool down completely and break into pieces and then store in airtight container.