Thursday, October 20, 2011
Verkadalai / Peanut Chutney
Roasted and peeled Groundnuts – 1 Cup
Whole red chillies – 6 to 7
Tamarind – 1/2 tsp ( 1/4 the small lime size )
Grated coconut – 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Urud dhal - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Salt – as required
Oil – 2 tsp
1. Take a pan, add 2 tsp of oil.
2. Once the oil is ready, add the red chillies and roast them.
3. In a mixer grind together the roasted and peeled ground nut, roasted red chillies, tamarind, grated coconut along with required salt.
4. Grind well till you get a chutney consistency using water.
5. Take the pan again and add some oil and heat it. Once ready add the mustard seeds, urud dhal and cumin seeds and allow it to splutter.
6. Then add it to season the chutney.
Yummy peanut chutney is ready to served. I served this chutney with onion oothappam. I hope you all will like it :)
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Paste / Thogayal / Chutneys
yummy and delicious...
Friday, October 21, 2011 1:48:00 PM
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)