- Beetroot - 3 medium finely chopped
- Coconut - 1/3 Cup
- Onion - 1/2 Chopped
- Salt - as required
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Urud Dhal - 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilli - 2 Nos
- Take a pan, put oil and heat it.
- Then once oil is ready, add mustard seeds, splutter it and then add urud dhal, Red Chilli and saute them well till the dhal color turns golden brown.
- Then add the onions, and saute them well. Add salt which will help the onion to cook well and soon.
- Then once the onion is ready, add the beetroot and cook till the beetroot becomes tender.
- Once done, then add the shredded coconut and mix well. That's it beetroot poriyal is ready.