Any vegetables (as you like) - I used carrots, beans, peas, potato, vazhakkai.
Peanuts - Soaked Overnight
Garbanzo Beans - Soaked Overnight
Green Chilli - 2
Tamarind - Small lemon size.
Salt - as required
Hing - a pinch
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
To roast and grind:
Kadalai Paruppu - 1 tsp
Milagai Vathal / Red Chilli - 5 or 6 nos
Dhania - 2 tsp
Coconut - 4 tbsp grated
Oil - 2 tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Urud Dhal - 1/2 tsp
Channa dhal - 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli - 2 nos
Curry Leaves - few leaves
1. Pressure cook the vegetables, soaked peanuts, garbanzo beans, and green chilli and cook till 2 whistle.
2. Once they are cooked well, keep it aside.
3. Take a pan, add oil. Once the oil is ready add the roast and grind ingredients and saute till nice aroma of dhania comes.
4. Then once they are roasted well, cool and add the coconut and grind well.
5. Make a fine paste and keep aside.
6. Now take a deep pan, add the cooked vegetables, hing, tamarind pulp, turmeric powder and boil it well.
7. Once they are done add the ground paste and boil again for 3 more minutes.
Thiruvadhirai Kootu goes well with thiruvadhirai kali.
I'm posting this recipe to the event Gimme Green by ROSH... Happy to be a part in your event :)