Brown Garbanzo Beans / Karuppu konda kadalai – 1 cup.(soaked overnight)
Pearl Onions – 4
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt - as required
Grated Coconut – 1/2 cup
Pearl Onions – 4 cut into half
Coriander Seeds – 1 tbsp
Red Chilies – 4 or 5
Cardamom – 1 no
Cinnamon stick – 1/2 inch
Cloves – 2
Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp
Coconut Oil – 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – one string
1. Pressure cook the kadalai until soft and keep aside.
2. Take a pan, add the coconut, onions and roast till golden brown. Keep it aside.
3. Now in the same pan add coriander seeds, red chillies, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and fennel seeds till it turns slightly brown.
4. Allow them to cool for a while and then grind everything into a fine paste.
6. Then once the onions turns transparent add the pressure cooked kadalai, little water, and turmeric powder and then boil it well.
7. Then add the ground paste and keep the stove in medium low and let it continue to boil and cook for 10mins.
The original recipe is from Sharmis Passion.
This i'm happy to post to Hot & Spicy Treats by Food Corner ....
and Cooking For Myself at Vegetarian Surprises.