- Rice - 1/2 Cup
- Sugar - 1 1/2 Cup
- Milk - 8 Cups
- Cardamom - 4 crushed
- Cashew Nuts - few
- White Raisins - few
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Add 8 cups of milk to a pressure cooker and boil it for 5 minutes.
- Then add the washed rice, sugar and close the lid of the pressure cooker.
- Bring to a full cooking pressure and after the first whistle, simmer the stove and slowly cook for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Open the pressure after it gets cooled down.
- After opening the lid you can see beautiful pink shade of payasam.
- Check the sweetness and add more sugar if you really need.
- To garnish the beautiful pinky paal payasam, you can add crushed cardamom and ghee fried cashews and raisins.....
- Wow.............. Lovely, sweety and yummy pinky paal payasam is ready to eat....