- Indian eggplant - 7 / American eggplant - 1 medium
- Channa dhal - 2 tbsp
- Urud dhal - 1 tbsp
- Coriander Seeds - 1 tbsp
- Red Chilli - 4 nos
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Hing - 1/4 tsp
- Onion - 1/2 chopped
- Tamarind pulp - 2 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Urud Dhal - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Cut the brinjal into small cubes.
- Take a pan, add 2 tsp of oil and fry the channa dhal, urud dhal, coriander seeds and red chilli and saute them well till they change color.
- Then grind them and powder it.
- Take another pan, add oil and heat it.
- Once the oil is ready, splutter mustard seeds, urud dhal, turmeric, hing and curry leaves.
- Then once the dhal turns golden brown add the chopped onion and saute well.
- Then add the ground powder and fry them little.
- Then add the cut brinjal to the mixture and add the tamarind pulp, some salt and mix them well.
- Then close the pan and cook till the brinjal is cooked well.