- Maida / All purpose Flour - 1 1/2 Cup
- Sooji - 1 tsp
- Rice Flour - 1 tsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Melted Butter - 3 tbsp
- Water - as required
- Channa Dhal - 1 cup
- Shredded Coconut - 3/4 cup
- Jaggery - 3/4 cup
- Cardamom Powder - 2 tsp
1. First soak the channa dhal and cook it well. Check its consistency (i.e.) Its should mash only when you press it. Don't overcook it.
2. Drain it when it is hot so that no moisture remains.
3. Blend the cooked dhal well.
4. Then take a bowl add maida, sooji, rice flour and a pinch of salt and turmeric. Then add melted butter and mix the flour well.
5. Then add water ad required to make a soft dough and add some oil so that the dough becomes non sticky.
6. Then take a pan, add the blended channa dhal, cardamom powder, jaggery and a pinch of salt.
7. Heat the mixture till it becomes non sticky to the pan.
8. Once that consistency has come turn off the stove. and allow the prepared mixture to cool down.
To Make Poli:
1. Take a lime size of dough and spread it with fingers.
2. Then take a lemon size of the prepared mixture and stuff them into the pressed dough as shown.
3. Then close the mixture with the dough.
4. Then press the balls slowly to make a disc shape as shown
5. Then heat a pan, put the prepared disc and apply ghee round them and cook it.
6. Once cooked yummy, mouthwatering sweet poli is ready to go.