This is my favorite variety rice.
- Shredded coconut - 3/4 cup
- Coconut oil - 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Urud dhal - 1/2 tsp
- Channa dhal - 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Rice - 1 cup
- Red chilli - 2
- Salt - as required
- Cook the rice and keep it aside.
- Then take a pan, add coconut oil and heat it.
- Once the oil is ready, then add the mustard seeds and when it splutters, add the cumin seeds, red chilli, urud dhal, channa dhal, curry leaves, and saute them well till the dhal turns its color.
- Then add the shredded coconut and saute it slightly and turn off the stove.
- Cool the mixture prepared and then mix them with the rice. Add salt to the taste required.
- Yummy coconut rice is ready to serve.