- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Bay Leaves - 1 leaf
- Cloves - 2
- Cinnamon - 1/2 stick
- Cardamom - 2 nos
- Broken Cashews - 2 tbsp
- Turmeric - A pinch
- Salt - as required
- Onion - 1 small onion
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Tomatoes - 2 nos Chopped
- Cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
- Chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Kasturi Methi - 1 tsp (Mash it in hands to make it a fine powder)
- Whipped Cream ( Optional )
- Butter - 1tbsp
- Paneer - 20 - 25 pieces
- Peas - 1/2 Cup
- Take oil in the pan, put Cumin seeds and splutter.
- Then add the cloves, bay leaves, cardamom, cinnamon, broken cashews, onion and saute them. Do not allow the cashew to saute much. That'll spoil the taste.
- Then put turmeric, ginger garlic paste and saute them till it cooks well. Then add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 2 min.
- Blend the cooked mixture and make it into fine paste.
- Then add the blended puree to the pan and add salt, then add the coriander powder, chilli powder, cumin powder,and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add kasturi methi which gives beautiful butter flavour ( you can add 1 tbsp of butter to make it much more richer).
- Then put Paneer / Fried Paneer , peas and add cream ( optional ) at the end.
This recipe i'm posting for Letz Relishh…!!! Event Announcement & Paneer Chaat hosted by Jay.
and the participation award for Let's Relish Paneer event is here... :)