- Rice - 1 cup
- Toor dhal - fistful
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Coconut oil - 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Channa dhal - 2 tsp
- Urud dhal - 2 tsp
- Red chilli - 2 nos
- Pepper - 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves - 10 nos
- Coconut - 1/4 cup
- Finely wash the rice and toor dhal together and the drain them immediately and check no moisture stays with it.
- Then transfer them to a blender and grind them into a coarse powder.
- Then take a pressure cooker, add the oil and coconut oil and heat them.
- Once the oil is ready add the mustard seeds, channa dhal, urud dhal, red chilli, pepper, cumin seeds and curry leaves in the same order.
- Saute them well and then add the ground mixture and coconut to it and add the salt required and 3 cups of water. ( For 1 cup of Rice add 3 Cups of Water )
- Mix them well and pressure cook it for 2 to 3 whistles and turn off the stove.
- Tasty and yummy arisi upma is ready. You can serve it with coconut chutney .
I am reposting some of my rice recipes to the event Festive Rice Event.