* Store bought Cake mix
* Sweetened condense milk - 1/2 can (7oz) / Milk - 7 oz
* Baking powder - 1 tsp
* Baking soda - 1 tsp
* Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
* Salt - less than 1/4 tsp
* Melted butter - 1/2 cup
* Pista - 15 nos shredded
* Badam - 10 shredded
* Raisins - 15 nos
* Cashews - 10 nos broken
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
2. Grease the cake pan with butter.
3. Mix the dry ingredients (i.e) flour, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom, cashews, badam, pista, raisins and salt in a bowl.
4. Add the milk and gently fold every thing together lightly. (don't fold too hard so that the batter consistency may not be fluffy. Then add the butter slowly and fold it again in gentle manner.
5. Pour the mixture in greased cake pan.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until cake starts leaving the pan from sides and an insert tooth pick in the center of the cake and comes out clean.
7. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for few minutes only.
8. Run the knife around the sides of the pan to loosen the cake and place a flat plate over the cake pan and turn it over to transfer the cake on to the plate.
9. Just prick the cake slightly with the forkand then brush the top of the cake generously with the sugar syrup.
10. Allow the cake to cool before decorating.
Decorating the Cake:
- Pillsbury Vanilla Funfetti Frosting
- Reddi Wip Whipped Cream
- Candy bits
- Chocolate curls - scrape 2 chocolate bars
My way of decorating:
This decoration is a simple one since it is my first attempt.
1. Once the cake is cooled, apply the funfetti frosting on the cake top.
2. Cover the cake sides and top finely with the frosting.
3. Then just spread the chocolate curls on the top.
4. Then again apply the frosting as second layer.
5. Then spread the candy bit toppings all over the cake top and sides.
6. Then add the chocolate curls at the borders.
7. That's it my yummy eggless lemon cake is ready to go.
I tried this for my sweet hubby's birthday.......
I hope you all will like it.....