- Pavakkai - 2 Nos (Chopped into small squares after removing the seeds )
- Oil - 3 1/2 tbsp
- Sambar podi - 2 tsp
- Tamarind pulp - 1 cup ( Chinna Lemon Size )
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Jaggery - 1 tsp
- Hing - 1/4 tsp
- Curry Leaves
- Turmeric Leaves - 1/4 tsp
1. Heat oil in the pan. Once the oil is heated then add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, and saute them.
2. Then add the cut pavakkai and fry them well in oil. Then add the sambar podi in the oil and fry them well and asaute them till the pavakkai becomes tender.
3. Add some salt and mix them well.
4. Then add some hing and curry leaves to it and saute well again.
5. Then once they are fried well add the tamarind pulp and let it boil for 10 minutes.
6. Bring them to complete boil and once the quantity reduces and the mixture gets slightly thickens add the jaggery to it.
7. Then mix them well and the vatha kuzhambu is ready.
Add quite more oil to all the vatha kuzhambu varities so that they will last long and taste yummy.