* Chick peas / Garbanzo Beans
* Onion - 1 small chopped
* Tomato - 2 Nos / Tomato Puree
* Ginger garlic paste - 1 Tbsp
* Salt - as required
* Green Chilli - chopped (1/2 Chilli)
* Coriander / Cilantro - Garnish
* Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
* Cloves - 2 nos
* Cinnamon - 2 small stick
* Bay Leaves - 2 leaves
* Caradmom - 2 Nos
* Channa Masala powder - 1 tbsp
* Oil - 2 Tbsp
* Lime - Garnish
1. Heat the oil in pan, and fry cloves, cardamom, bay leaves, cinnamon .
2. Then add cumin seeds and when they splutter add the chopped onions and saute till they turn golden brown in color.
3. Then add the ginger garlic paste. saute them untill they are cooked well.
4. Then add chopped tomato / tomato puree, Green Chilli. Just saute them till the tomatoes are cooked.
5. When they are perfectly cooked and done add the channa masala powder.
6. Add water to paste and cook well. Instead of water you can also add the water used for cooking chick peas also.
7. So cook well then add cooked chick peas and cook for few more minutes.
8. Thats all done. Tasty, yummy recipe is ready. you can serve this dish along with chapathi, naan, or any bread varieties.
* Channa / Chick peas should be cooked such that the chick peas should not be mashed. It should mash only when you press the chick pea.
This recipe is sent to Party Treats Event Series of monthly mingle thats hosted by Saraswathi Iyer and started by Meeta.
Dish Name Starts with C