- Chou-Chou - 1
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Urud dhal - 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves
- Onion - 1 finely chopped
- Tomato - 1 finely chopped
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - As required
- Pressure cook the chou-chou / squash and leave 2 whistles.
- Take a pan, heat the oil and add mustard seeds, after they splutter add urud dhal, curry leaves and saute them.
- Once the dhal turns color add finely chopped onion and saute them.
- After the onions become transparent and cooked, add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell of the paste goes away.
- Once cooked add salt, turmeric and and the pressure cooked squash for 5 minutes.
- Then add chilly powder, coriander powder and mix them well.
- Then cook again for some 5 more minutes.
- Then finally add 1/2 to 1 cup of water and cook it in low flame.
- Cook for some 4 to 5 minutes and then switch off the stove.
- Then yummy masala chou-chou / squash curry is ready to serve hot.
This recipe goes to the event...
Dish Name Starts with C