Pavakkai - 2Nos
Sesame Oil - 1 tbsp
Toor Dhal - 1/4 cup
Mustard seeds - 1tsp
Tamarind - 1/2 tsp
Chick peas - 1/2 cup
Salt - as required
Coriander Seeds - 2tsp
Channa dhal - 1 tsp
Red Chilli - 4 nos
Shredded Coconut - 3 tbsp
Jaggery - little amount
- Take a pan, pour oil and fry coriander seeds. channa dhal and res chilles together till they get golden brown, grind them with coconut and keep it aside.
- Cook pavakkai, toor dhal together in a pressure cooker and Cook the chick peas too the same way.
- Then put sesame oil in the pan and when it gets hot put mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- When it turns golden brown then put tamarind pulp and boil it.
- Then put the cooked pavakkai, cooked dhal in the boiling mixture, add salt and let it boil for 4 minutes.
- After boiling that put the cooked chick peas and the ground paste and let it boil again.
- At last just add some jaggery that will help in reduceing the bitterness of the bitterguard
- Add Coriander leaves to garnish.