- Cilantro - few stems and leaves
- Grated Coconut - 1/4 cup
- Tamarind - a small piece
- Green Chilli - 1
- Roasted Gram / Pottukadalai - 1 tsp
- Oil for seasoning - 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Urad Dhal - 1/2 tsp
1. Wash the cilantro well.
2. Take a mixer, and add the cilantro, grated coconut, green chilli, roasted gram, tamarind and grind them well.
3. You can add some water to grind them to a chutney consistency.
4. Then once done, take a pan, add some oil and heat it.
5. When the oil is ready, add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and urad dhal.
6. After they splutter, and urud dhal turns golden brown, season them to the cilantro chutney.
7. Yummy greeny cilantro chutney is ready.
This goes well with dosa, idli. Hope you'll like it....
I'm posting this recipe to Gimme Green by ROSH... Happy to be a part in your event :)