Ingredients for Sambar:
- Baby Onion / Pearl Onion - 1 cup peeled
- Tomatoes - 1 small chopped
- Toor Dhal - 1 cup
- Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - as required
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves - 1 spring
- Cooking Oil - 2 tbsp
- Kadalai Paruppu / Channa Dhal - 1 tbsp
- Urud Dhal - 1 tbsp
- Coriander seeds - 1 tsp
- Red Chilli - 6 to 8 nos
- Fenugreek Seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Coconut - 2 tbsp
- Onion - 1/4 cup chopped
- Cilantro - To Garnish
- Ghee - 2 tsp
- Idli Batter - 1 Cup
- Take a pan and add oil, and once it is ready add the mustard seeds and once splutter, add curry leaves.
- Then add the pearl onions and add salt as required and saute them well till they become transparent and cooked.
- Then add the tomatoes and saute till it cooks well.
- Once done add the tamarind extract and boil it.
- Then add the sambar masala and cook well for some few minutes.
- Once the sambar is cooked well, then add the cooked toor dhal to the boiling sambar mixture and cook for 2 more minutes.
7. Then once done garnish with cilantro and curry leaves and tasty yummy sambar is ready.
- Preparing idly doesn't take more ingredients.....
- Then only requirement is the rice batter. Take 1 cup of batter and the idly cooker as required to bake idlies...
- Kids will love kutti idlies very much. So you can use these idli thattu...
- Take the batter and pour into each cup in the idli plate.
- Then fill some water in the idli cooker and place the plates in a stack and place it inside the cooker and close the lid.
- Bake the idlies for atleast 10 - 15 minutes.
- Soft, fluffy idlies are ready to serve...
For Sambar Idli:
- Then once the idli is ready, take a bowl of sambar and add the prepared idlies into the sambar.
- Then garnish the sambar idli with the chopped onions and cilantro and when serving add tsp of ghee.
- Yummy great tasty recipe is ready. Kids will also love this dish.