- Red Radish bunch - 1
- Onion - 1
- Garlic - 6 cloves
- Red Chillies - 8
- Tamarind - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Hing - 1/2 tsp
- Sesame oil - 3 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds - 2 tsp
- Curry leaves - 5 or 6 nos
- Jaggery - 1/2 tsp
- Peel the skin of the radish and shred them.
- Take a blender, add the shredded radish, onion, garlic, red chillies, tamarind and blend them well into fine paste.
- Then take a pan, add sesame oil, and once the oil is ready, add the mustard seeds to splutter.
- Once they splutter, add hing and curry leaves, and then add the blended mixture into it and saute them nicely.
- once the raw smell goes away keep stirring at low flame for 15 to 20 minutes. add some salt to the taste required.
- Then once done add some jaggery which is really optional.
- Once the quantity reduces into half the thokku is ready.
- Spicy and tangy thokku is ready. It will go well with dosa, idli etc...
It's my mom's favourite... She is a wonderful gift for me and i Love her the most... I Love You Mom...and she cooks great and yummy...