Tamarind Water - 1 cup
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Hing - 1/4 tsp
Salt - as required
Toor Dhal - 1 Tbsp
Coriander Seeds - 1 Tbsp
Milagu / Pepper Corns - 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Tomato - 1/2 medium chopped
Red Chilli - 2
- Take a small cup of water and soak Toor dhal, curry leaves, coriander seeds, milagu, cumin seeds, tomato, red chilli, curry leaves.
- Soak these ingredients for 2 minutes. Then grind these ingredients and make into a fine paste.
- Take a pan and add the tamarind water, hing, turmeric powder, curry leaves and salt as required.
- Then boil the mixture for 10 minutes. When the mixture comes to complete boil add the ground paste. then boil for few minutes.
- See to that they don't boil much.
- To season the rasam heat 1 Tbsp of Ghee and add mustard seeds.
- After it splutters add the seasoning to the rasam.
- That's it Jeera Rasam is ready. Its really good to have, when you are affected from cold or fever, since it has pepper and cumin seeds.
This is one of my favourite rasam. When i was in my school days my grand ma used to prepare this for me ... What a lovely woman is she. You know guys till my 8th i was brought up by my grand parents ( Suguna and Viswanathan). Really i'm gifted to have such a wonderful grand parents. I call them as Amma and Appa u know... Those days are really great and cute days. I really miss them here... Just wanted to share about my family.
So friends taste and tell me how delicious it is....