- Rice flour - 3 cup
- Moong dhal - 1 Cup (Cooked and mashed)
- Butter - 2 tbsp
- Sesame seeds - 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 2 tsp
- Salt - as required
- Hing - 1/2 tsp
- Take a pan add the rice flour and then add the cooked mashy moong dhal into that and mix them well without any lumps.
- Then add salt, sesame seeds and hing to the flour mixture and mix them well.
- Then add the soft butter and mix them and add water little by little to make a soft dough.
- The consistency of the dough should be soft and fluffy that it should be easy to squeeze.
- Take a pan, add oil and heat it.
- Then use the murukku maker, stuff the dough and squeeze directly into hot oil in a circular way.
- Fry then until they are cooked and turns golden brown.
- Then take out from the oil and drop it in a plate with a tissue paper to take out excess oil.
- Cool it down and store it in a air tight container.
This recipe is my Mother-in-law's recipe. Really it's crunchy and tasty. She makes lovely recipes. She is the wonderful woman, so caring and so lovely. She has taught me more recipes and i'll shoot those recipes one by one for you all in coming days....