- Aval - 1/4 cup
- Milk - as much to soak the aval
- Jaggery - 1/4 cup
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Cashew nuts
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- First wash the aval well and drain it and keep aside.
- Take a pan, add some water and add jaggery and heat the mixture.
- Boil the mixture well to make the paagu.
- To check the paagu ( Take a cup of water and pour a drop on the boiling jaggery and just touch and see. That 'll form a thick pearl like thing. That's where you have got the paagu consistency )
- Once the paagu is ready, add the aval, cardamom powder, and mix them well. Then turn off the stove.
- Then season the sweet aval with ghee fried cashew nuts and raisins.