All purpose flour/ Maida - 2 cups
Luke warm water - 3/4 cup
Oil - 2 tbsp
Plain Yogurt / Curd - 2 1/2 tbsp
Sugar - 1 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Baking Soda - pinch
Yeast - 1 tsp
Finely chopped Garlic - 1/4 cup
Finely chopped Cilantro - 1/4 cup
Butter - 2 tbsp just to brush the naan
1. Take a bowl and add the yeast and luke warm water. Then wait till the yeast dissolves.
2. Take another bowl and add the dry ingredients ( Salt, Sugar, Baking powder, All purpose flour ) and the wet ingredients (Curd, oil )and then mix them well.
3. Then add the yeast water and mix them well with no lumps.
4. Then it will form a sticky dough. You can add some oil in your hands to knead the dough well.
5. Close the bowl and keep the prepared dough at warm place for four hours.
6. The dough will rise double the size.
7. After 4 hours, take the dough and knead well and divide the dough into 6 balls.
8. Then roll the dough with help of some flour.
9. Top them with the chopped garlic and cilantro and press to stick them well on the dough as shown.
10. Then preheat the oven on 500 degree about 20 minutes, and place the rolled naan in the middle rack.
11. Wait for 3 to 5 minutes and remove from the oven .... Yummy and mouthwatering Garlic Butter Naan is ready.
12. Serve it with paneer butter masala, which is really a good combination for naan.... :)