- Cloves - 2 nos
- Cardamom - 2 nos
- Bay leaves - 2 leaves
- Cinnamon Stick - 2 small sticks
- Jeera - 2 tsp
- Onion - 1/2 cup chopped
- Basmati Rice - 1 cup
- cilantro - to garnish
- Take oil in the pan.
- Then put the garam masala ingredients (Cloves, Cardamom, Bay leaves, Cinnamon Stick) and fry them.
- Then add jeera. After they splutter and before changing color add onion and saute them for 2 minutes (i.e) till the onion turns golden brown color.
- Add mint leaves and saute them.
- Then add the Basmati Rice to it. To 1 Cup of Basmati Rice take 2 1/2 cups of water
- Then Close the pan and cook it for 15 minutes. Once steam comes on keep the stove at medium low.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Jeera Pulav Is ready to serve. you can serve it with mint chutney, Onion raitha.