Nithu has tagged me with some sets of questions. I really liked answering all the questions since all of them explored something from my heart. Thank you so much for tagging me:-) The questions were really framed in an intelligent way..Thanks to the people who made these questions.
Here are my answers...
1. Are you a vegetarian, or have you thought about being one?
Yes, I'm a pure vegetarian. Never even tried to have non-veg he he he :) ..
2. Who inspired you to cook or bake?
My mother, grand mother, chiti, my mother-in-law's and some of my relatives are excellent cook. But me.... no way till my marriage. But after my marrriage my husband inspired me to cook varieties of cuisine and you blogging friends inspired me to bake....
3. How do you celebrate Christmas?...or a favorite holiday of your choice?
If we are in india, no doubt. We gather with our family members and we'll have more fun. But in US we used to have get-togethers with our friends.
4. Do you prefer to celebrate New Year's Eve with friends and/or family, or prefer to ring in the New Year quietly, and privately, at home?
We prefer to celebrate not only new year but any function with our family only. Our family members are awesome friends you know. We gather within family have prayers and enjoy.
5. If someone were to ask you to bring dessert to a party, what would you bring? Store bought, or homemade, and if you were to make homemade, what would you make?
I will take homemade desserts. Whenever i take something homemade to others i feel like they should have never tasted such a yummy dish...So will never give up with the quality. I will prepare desserts like carrot halwa, rava cake something like that.
6. How will you celebrate your next birthday?
:) Every time my husband will have a surprise gift for me on my birthdays. But this time i don't know since i'll be in india and he'll be in US. i'm going to miss him for my birthday this time.
7. Do you have a New Year's resolution-and will you be sticking to it?
Never will take a resolution. I'm worse in keeping up resolutions.
8. Do you time your breakfast,lunch & dinner or eat when you are hungry ?
Yes, i'll keep up the time and if i feel hungry inbetween, i used to have fruits or milk.
9. What inspired you to write a food blog ?
It's not what in my case.... because My husband inspired me to start a blog. He kept on saying that i have become good cook and wanted me to try starting a blog. Thats the way my foot in blogging.
10. You try a new recipe and it does not turn out good,what will you do ?
I'll never give up. I'll give another attrative name to the dish and will start to serve he he he :)
Like that i have tried dryfruit bars but it didn't turn out to be as i expected. I couldn't cut into bars. It was crumbs. So I named that dish as dry fruit crumbs. It happens that way often isn't it.... :)
11. Name three ingredients you consciously avoid or eliminate even when the recipe calls for it ?
Eggs and mushroom and non-veg masala's.
12. Name three things you have to use in most recipes ?
Oil, mustard and onion.
13. How important is eating meals together as a family to you?
It's really one of the most liking one for me. We'll always have our meals together.
Now, i feel happy to pass on these questions to few of my blogging friends...and pls don't forget to pass the chain to your friends..keep it going..
I'm passing on this to ...
1.Sara: Sara's Corner
2.Divya: Dil Se
3.Nivedita: Nivedita's Kitchen
6.Sanyukta: Creative Sanyukta