Lentils - 1 Cup
Butter - 1/2 cup
Coriander Powder - 1 tbsp
Whipped Cream / Milk - 1/2Cup
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Bay leaves - 2 Nos
Cardamom - 2 Nos
Cloves - 2 Nos
Cinnamon - small stick
Ginger Garlic Paste - 2tbsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Red Chilli powder - 10grams
Salt - as required
Tomatoes - 5 Nos pureed
Turmeric - optional
- Thoroughly wash the lentils.
- Then soak it in water for about few hours where you can see the lentils are double in size.
- cook till dal is cooked to mashable consistency
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add cumin seeds, after it splutters add bay leaves, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon sticks.
- Add ginger-garlic paste ,turmeric and add tomato puree and cook well for 10 min in medium flame covered.
- Add chilli powder, Coriander powder and salt. Cook until the mixture thickens into pulpy sauce (about 4 mins).
- Then add the cooked lentil along with the water to the mixture. Heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the remaining butter and cream and cook for 20 minutes in low flame.
This recipe goes to Event: Dish Name Starts with D posted by Akila