- Beans - 3 cup
- Coconut - 2 tbsp
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Red Chilli - 1 broken
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Urud dhal - 1 tsp
- Salt - as required
- Turmeric - a pinch
- Hing - a pinch
1. Cut the beans and cook it in pressure cooker and leave only one whistle. Switch off the cooker and keep aside. (Leaving more whistles will overcook the beans. So take care.)
2. Then take a pan, add oil.
3. Once the oil is ready, add splutter mustard seeds, then add urud dhal, cumin seeds, red chilli, salt, turmeric and hing saute them well.
4. Then add the beans and mix them well and cook it for some 4 minutes.
5. Once the moisture is gone and the beans are cooked well, then add the coconut and mix them well.
That is all yummy and healthy beans poriyal is ready.
You can microwave the Beans for 10 to 12 minutes instead of cooking in the cooktop.