- Oil - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Urud dhal - 1 tsp
- Channa Dal - 1 tsp
- Jeera - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Salt - as required
- Green Chilli - 1 chopped
- Tomato - 1/2 chopped
- onion - chopped
- Ginger - 1 tbsp grated
- Rava - 1 cup.
1. Take a pan and add 1 tsp of ghee and saute the rava for few minutes. Then keep the rava aside.
2. Then add oil in the same pan. once the oil is heated add msutard seeds.
After they splutter add urud dhal, channa dhal, jeera, chilli, ginger, Curry leaves and saute them.
3. When the dhal changes color add chopped onions and saute them
4. Then when the onion turns golden brown color, then add tomatoes and add salt and saute them.
5. Once everythign is done then add water in this proportion (i.e.) for 1 cup rava 11/2 - 2 cups of water and boil well.
6. Once the water comes to good boil, add the roasted rava slowly into water and stir occasionally to avoid lumps.
7. Then turn off the heat and add 1 tbsp of ghee and stir well and close the pan.
8. Thus tasty upma is ready to serve. you can serve with Coconut chutney/ Coriander chutney.