- Black-Eyed Peas (soaked overnight) - 2 cups
- Water - 1 cup
- Garlic - 4 cloves ( small ) / 3 Cloves (Big)
- Ground Pepper - 1 1/2 tsp
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - as required
- Rub the peel off the skin( Optional , you can keep the skin as it is, but peeling the skin will give you golden brown while frying.) beans against a dish towel.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend till you get a dough / paste consistency.
- Pour the mixture in a bowl.
- Heat the oil at medium ( Consistency should be like when you drop little of the dough it should not immediately come to the top. it should stay down for some time and then puff up so that it will have time to cook well. ) and deep-fry spoonfuls of dough for 5 - 8 minutes or until the skin turns dark red.
- Pat them dry in tissues to extract excess oil.
- Stir the mixture left in the bowl frequently to avoid watery stuff and then repeat the steps 5 and 6.
- Yummy acaraje is ready to serve. You can have this with sauce or you can cut these acaraje into halves and make some stuffing in that and have. It'll be yummy for sure...