Tomatoes - 2
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Toor Dhal - 1/4 Cup
Curry leaves - as required
Cilantro - to garnish
Tamarind paste - 1/2 tsp
Rasam Podi - 2 tsp
Ghee - 11/2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Hing - 1/4 tsp
Jeeragam / Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
1. Cook the toor dhal along with a pinch of turmeric powder, curry leaves in a pressure cooker.
2. Then take a pan and then put 1/2 tsp of ghee. When the ghee is hot then put the mustard seeds and when it crackles put the cumin seeds and tomatoes into that and saute for 2 minutes.
3. Then pour some water so that the tomatoes get cooked well.
4. Then dissolve the tamarind paste, pour it into the boiling content and let it cook together well for 4 minutes. Later put rasam podi and let that boil for 2 more minutes. Then put the cooked toor dhal.
After the dhal is added let the rasam not boil too much. That will spoil its taste.
5. Put ghee in a pan and once it gets hot put hing,mustard seeds and cumin seeds and mix them into rasam along with coriander leaves into that and switch off the stove.
This recipe is posted for the event triggered by Padmajha for Healing Food Event - with TOMATO and Siri's Healing Foods.