This is a dish that can be prepared in conventional oven. This recipe will make around 20 to 24 cookies.
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup broken almonds
- 1/2 tsp of ground green cardamom (ilaichi/yellakkai)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (8 tablespoons or 4oz)
- About 2 tbsp of milk
- Pre heat the electric/conventional oven to 360 degree F.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, salt, sliced almonds and cardamom powder well.
- Next add soft butter and milk to the mixture to make very soft dough.
- Divide the dough into equal parts and make them into balls.
- Press each ball between your palms and keep aside.
- Do not grease the cookie sheet/ oven safe pan.
- Place the dough balls on an cookie sheet about inch a part.
- Bake the cookies for about 18 minutes or until cookies are lightly gold brown.
- After they become lightly golden brown remove the cookie sheet from the oven. Let the cookies cool down for two to three minutes before taking them off the cookie sheet.
You can replace the almonds with walnuts, pistachios or chocolate chips as your wish.
This recipe i'm posting for the event triggered by Akila - Recipe that Starts with Letter A