- Channa dhal - 1/2 cup
- Urud Dhal - 3/4 cup
- Sesame seeds - 3 to 4 tsp
- Red chilli - 8 to 10
- Hing - 1/2 tsp
- Badam - 3
- Curry leaves (Optional)
- First take a pan and dry roast the channa dhal separately and keep aside.
- Then similarly dry roast urud dhal, red chillies, hing, curry leaves(really optional) and badam and keep them separately.
- Then dry roast the sesame seeds too.
- Allow these to cool for some 3 minutes.
- Then first add the sesame seeds in the mixer(blender) and blend them nicely. (because sesame seeds will not blend well if you do with other stuffs. so we are blending it separately.
- Then add all the other dry roast ingredients and blend into coarse powder (don't grind to a fine powder).
- yummy idli podi is ready.