- Pacha Arisi or Rice Flour
- Whole Urud or Urud Flour
- Jeera - 1 1/2 tsp
- Hing - 1/2 tsp
- Sesame Seeds - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Butter - 2 tbsp
- Ghee - 2 tsp
1. For 6 Cups of Raw Rice : 1 Cup of Whole Urud Dhal
2. For 4 Cups of Rice Flour : 1/2 Cup of Urud Flour
- If you are using the first proportion, you need to grind them in a grinding shop and mix them together to make the snack.
- If you r using the second proportion, then your work is much easier.
- Just mix the proportion of flour and add jeera / cumin seeds, Hing, sesame seeds, salt, and mix the dry ingredients well.
- Then add ghee and 2 tbsp of butter.
- Then mix them well with the mixture. Then add some water to the mixture and make it to a fine textured dough.
- Then the texture of the dough should not be too hard or too soft.
- Then use the murukku maker ( Thenkozhal ) and put some dough into it.
- Take a pan and heat the oil.
- When the oil is ready check by dropping the dough into the oil. If it is immediately popping up then the oil is ready.
- Then squeeze the maker in the oil in circular motion. Thus when the murukku gets its golden brown color remove it from the oil.
11. Thus crunchy, crispy murukku is ready to taste.