- Chopped Radish - 1/4 cup
- Chick Peas / Garbanzo Beans - 1 1/4 cup
- Onion - 3/4 cup
- Tomato - 1/4 cup
- Carrot - 1/2 cup
- Cabbage - Just handful
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Green Chilli - 1
- Turmeric Powder - a pinch
- Oil - 4 tbsp
- Salt - as required
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 2 tsp
- Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
1. Wash finely and soak the chick peas in hot water for 2 hours, and cook till it becomes soft. ( Soaking the chick peas in hot water will make them softer soon. No overnight soaking is required )
Cooking the chick pea should be in this consistency.
It should not cook mashy. it should only mash when you press it.
2. Cut the radish and carrots into cubes.
3. Chop the cabbage finely.
4. Heat the pan, add the 2 tbsp of oil, add cumin seeds and splutter them.
5. Then add the finely chopped onions and saute till the onions become transparent.
6. Add green chillies, finely chopped tomatoes and add little salt and saute them well till the tomatoes cook well.
7. Then add all the vegetables, salt as needed and saute them for 3 minutes.
8. Then add the cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and chilli powder to the gravy.
9. Mix the spices well with the gravy and add 1/2 cup of water and then transfer this mixture to the pressure cooker and cook for 1 whistles.
10. After one whistles open the lid and transfer to the pan again, add the cooked chick peas to the mixture and again close the lid.
11. Then keep the stove at medium low and cook for 10 to 15 more minutes at low flame.
12. Serve hot with any bread varieties or rice.