- Channa Dhal - 1/2 cup
- Urud Dhal - 1/2 Cup
- Garbanzo Beans - a handful
- Pinto Beans - a handful
- Balck eye beans - a handful
- Rajma Beans - a handful
- Green/ Red Lentils - a handful
- Badam - 4 tbsp
- Cashews - 3 tbsp
- Rice - 1/2 cup
- Red Chilli - 10 nos
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Jeera/ Cumin Seeds - 3 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Grates Carrots - Optional
1. Soak all the above ingredients for atleast 1 1/2 hour.
2. Then grind the mixture into batter consistency.
3. Then in the batter mix cumin seeds, chopped onion, cilantro, curry leaves, grated carrots(optional).
4. After mixing well, the batter is ready to go in as adai.
5. Then take a flat pan and heat it.
6. Once the pan is ready then take the batter and spread in the pan in circular motion.
7. Then put oil round the spreaded adai to cook them well.
8. Then when one side is cooked well, flip the adai otherside.
9. Then once both the sides are cooked well remove the adai from the pan and its ready to go.
10. Yummy, tasty navaratna adai is ready to serve.